What are Phits Orthotics?
Custom made orthotics or bespoke insoles are specialist devices inserted into your trainers or shoes. They are designed specifically for you to correct an abnormal alignment or any other issues with your feet which may be causing you problems in the foot, ankle, knee, hip or even the back.
These bespoke insoles are printed to your exact specifications as indicated by a comprehensive Footscan that measures and calculates thousands of precise parameters about weight distribution, balance, foot shape, arch height and build.
- Assess balance
- Assess pressure through different parts of the feet during movement and when still
- Assess the movement of the fore-foot and rear-foot during walking and running
- Assess the arch of the foot
- Identify injury risk
How can bespoke orthotics help?
- Promote normal alignment and supports the foot arch
- Reduce pain
- Improve walking/running efficiency
- Improve gait pattern and biomechanics
- Reduce risk of sprains and other ankle injuries
- Speed up return to sport
- Optimise performance
- Reduce the load on osteoarthritic joints
Who can Phits Insoles help?
Insoles can be used for a number of conditions and each one has to be individually prescribed to ensure that it is carrying out the correct job. Equally the insoles can be used for people who are painfree who are wanting to improve their biomechanics. Some of the conditions that may be treated using an insole include:
- Achilles tendinopathy / tendonitis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Tibialis posterior dysfunction
- Corns / callus / bunions
- Hammer toes / Mallet toes
- Metatarsalgia (pain around the ball of the foot)
- Shin splints
- Morton’s neuroma (swelling of the nerve between the 3rd and 4th metatarsals)
- Compartment syndrome